lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Franzone" <jonat...@franzone.com>
Subject PhraseQuery: NullPointerException
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 23:35:00 GMT

I thought I saw a post that delt with this problem previously, but I
couldn't find it in the archives. If it is a duplicate question I apologize.

I'm building a PhraseQuery and getting a random NullPointerException. It
doesn't occur with all phrases, but is consistent with respect to the ones
it does occur with. For example: "visual basic",  "information systems", and
"project manager" always succeed.  But other phrases like "general public",
"proven abilities", and "sql server" always fail. The stack trace is as
follows:

caught a class java.lang.NullPointerException with message: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermPositions.seek(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermDocs.seek(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentsTermDocs.termDocs(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentsTermDocs.next(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.PhrasePositions.next(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.PhraseScorer.score(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Unknown Source)
        at
com.jobwarehouse.lucene.search.JWPassiveResumeSearch.search(JWPassiveResumeS
earch.java:209)
        at
com.jobwarehouse.lucene.search.JWPassiveResumeSearch.main(JWPassiveResumeSea
rch.java:280)

Thanks!
Jonathan Franzone