lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Franzone" <>
Subject PhraseQuery: NullPointerException
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 23:35:00 GMT

I thought I saw a post that delt with this problem previously, but I
couldn't find it in the archives. If it is a duplicate question I apologize.

I'm building a PhraseQuery and getting a random NullPointerException. It
doesn't occur with all phrases, but is consistent with respect to the ones
it does occur with. For example: "visual basic",  "information systems", and
"project manager" always succeed.  But other phrases like "general public",
"proven abilities", and "sql server" always fail. The stack trace is as

caught a class java.lang.NullPointerException with message: null
        at Source)
        at Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentsTermDocs.termDocs(Unknown Source)
        at Source)
        at Source)
        at Source)
        at Source)