lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Avi Drissman <avi_driss...@baseview.com>
Subject License adherence
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 19:07:22 GMT
I'm integrating Lucene as the searching engine of a commercial server
product. I've been reading the license trying to figure out how,
precisely, it affects us.

Our obligations under condition 3 is pretty clear. A sentence in our
documentation. Not a problem.

I'm trying to understand what my obligations under condition 2 are.
Would the use of Lucene as the search engine of a product be
considered a binary redistribution? If so, what would be the
preferred method of including the license? As a separate file? As an
attachment to the Read Me? And if I have to distribute the license as
required by condition 3, does that fulfill my condition 2
responsibilities?

Avi
--
Avi Drissman