lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Subject RE: suggestion
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 21:36:56 GMT

some thoughts:

It would be nice to have a META data driven tag that can Index
(add/update/delete) Documents. Fields and how their data is retrieved
would be defined in the Meta data. A TAG for Searching would be nice too.
This Tag should have a Hits Cache (with cache manager) to allow Hits to be
sorted and the results can be reused when paging results so you would not
have to re-submit the query (not that is't slow to do that)

ie)  HitsToken=SEARCH(String)

     GetRows(HistsTokem,26,50) .....

in cases when release is not called  the cache Manager would have a fixed
Cache Size which could recycle FIFO when cache is full.

Doug Cutting <> on 12/07/2001 12:29:16 PM

Please respond to "Lucene Users List" <>

To:   "'Lucene Users List'" <>
Subject:  RE: suggestion

Can you provide some examples of tags that you think would be useful?

Would you like to implement these?