lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Wong" <sw...@progress.com>
Subject RE: Search different terms for different fields (Complex Query)
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:02:02 GMT
It sounds like the "complex" query you are looking
for is a BooleanQuery which links different queries
together.

Maybe:
BooleanQuery bq = new BooleanQuery();
bq.add(new TermQuery(new Term("content", "yourText")), true, false);
bq.add(new TermQuery(new Term("library", "yourText")), true, false);
... and then pass this Query into the searcher you are using.

I believe that BooleanQuery will return all documents that match
both of the TermQuery(s) you pass in.

Hope this helps, and goodluck,
Stephen Wong