lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Øie <k...@gan.no>
Subject RE: searching words starting with accent characters using UTF-8
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:38:51 GMT
please note that the code in rc1 and rc2 is not working with Norwegian
chars(don't know about accents), I had to use the version 1.6 from the cvs
repository.

files can be found here, after downlaoding you will have to rebuild lucene.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/quer
yParser/

mvh karl øie

-----Original Message-----
From: Kiran Kumar K.G [mailto:kiran.k@net-kraft.com]
Sent: 8. desember 2001 12:43
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: searching words starting with accent characters using UTF-8

Iam trying to search for words starting with accent characters.As posted in
one of the Lucene user-list mail I tried using UTF-8 encoding
String query = this.request.getParameter( "query" );
if( query!=null ) {
query = new String( query.getBytes(), "UTF-8" );
}

But this code is not working properly.
If I give a word æran, its giving empty string

Somebody in the user list had mentioned that this is working fine.

Please mention any dependency for this code to work(OS,JDK version etc.)

Let me know is there any other way to handle words starting with special
characters.

Thanx,
Kiran