lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Øie <>
Subject RE: Filter and stop-words
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 12:23:14 GMT
to remove plural form you have to create a stemmer for your language, i have
been working with porting a stemmer for norwegian for lucene, to get a head
start i have ported the norwegian snowball stemmer, there is one for
portuguese as well, check it out!

mvh karl øie

-----Original Message-----
From: Bizu de Anúncio []
Sent: 3. desember 2001 13:22
Subject: Filter and stop-words

	I'm new to Lucene. First of all I would like to know if there is a search
arquive like "sun servlets list".

	My first problem is that I want to index a Portuguese database and I need
to remove the "s" (plural) and acents (à é ...) from the words. Is there a
way of passing a filter class to the Lucene indexer ? And about the
stop-words, where should I configure Lucene to ignore it ?

	Any help would be appreciated,

	thanks a lot,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: