lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Serge A. Redchuk" <b...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: WildcardQuery
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:29:30 GMT
Hello sampreet,

Tuesday, December 11, 2001, 6:44:29 AM, you wrote:

sic> Hi All,

sic> This must be simple enough, but can anyone please explain me when a
sic> WildcardQuery is created in QueryParser i.e. what special characters in the
sic> query string are required to build a WildcardQuery within QueryParser?

Moreover, when I achieved complex search like this: "path:*new* comp*"
by combining WildcardQueries in BooleanQuery (NOT BY QueryParser), and
then got that query using boolq.toString(...); - the QueryParser COULD
NOT parse this string !!!

Is not it strange ? :

   QueryParser.parse( bquery.toString( ... ) ) ....  - do not work :-(

--
Best regards,
 Serge                            mailto:bitl@mail.ru