lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Include ANT in CVS?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:51:07 GMT
Carrying binaries in a Jakarta CVS is strongly discouraged. Bundling the
Ant binary would definately raise eyebrows. Most products include Ant
build script, but I doubt that any include the Ant binary. If they do,
they should stop.

There are ongoing discussions of hosting some type of distribution
program so people can easily obtain the latest binary JARs of things
(CJAN), but at this time the universal recommendation would be for
people to download and install something like Ant separately.

At one time, Turbine offered a development kit that bundle various
related things together, but I don't think even that included Ant.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/struts/