lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <sampr...@interactive1.com>
Subject Wild-card search - *bas*
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 07:17:36 GMT
Hi All,

I am using lucene for search functionality in our project. I wanted to
implement the wild-card query such as '*bas*' which results in hits
containing 'database' and 'basic'. Can it be implemented using lucene. If
yes, how ? The org.apache.lucene.search package provides WildcardQuery and
FuzzyQuery classes. Do they have something to do with it. Or do i need to
write a separate Query class say, PartQuery and edit the QueryParser for
the same?

Kindly give your suggestions.

I have an urgent requirement, so an early reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sampreet.