lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader/IndexSearcher
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:19:30 GMT
Uh, I don't repeat myself, but I'll repeat others' words :)

It is the analyzer (StandardAnalyzer, I believe) that lowercases text
before indexing it.
If you use the same analyzer to search it will lowercase text before
performing a search, so you'll find the document with bo23 in it even
if you use BO23 in the search.

Otis