lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Uroš Jurglic <jurg...@parsek.net>
Subject RE: Using a DateFilter without a query
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:06:24 GMT
Useful alternative to DateFilter is using RangeQuery, containing string
representations of date objects (DateField.dateToString())
for lower and upper term. At least one of terms must be not null, in case
you want to search after or before specified date. It seems to work better
than filtering with DateFilter - I get no null pointer ex.

Uros.

-----Izvorno sporocilo-----
Od: Jan Stövesand [mailto:j.stoevesand@finix.de]
Poslano: 17. december 2001 17:57
Za: Lucene Users List
Zadeva: Using a DateFilter without a query

Hi,

is it possible to use a DateFilter without a query. I would like to get all
Documents from within a certain period of time WITHOUT specifying any query
except the range of dates.

OR

Is there something like query that will always return all documents from an

Jan