lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From puffm...@darksleep.com (Steven J. Owens)
Subject Re: Industry Use of Lucene?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 19:58:38 GMT
Jeff Kunkle asks:
> Does anyone know of any companies or agencies using Lucene for their
> products/projects?  I am attempting to make a marketing pitch for
> Lucene to my manager and I know one of the first questions will be,
> "Who else is using it?"  I know Lucene is a very powerful, fast, and
> flexible full-text search engine but my manager will need a little
> more coercing.  Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated.

     We use Lucene in our contract-management product.  The company
name is Medebiz (medebiz.net), but just recently we merged with Moai
(moai.com) and the conglomerated whole will be under the "Moai" name.

     You might want to point out Doug's background at Excite and Apple
when you talk to your manager...

Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com