lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From srinivasa v <inrisrin...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to search words starts with ?,,
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 20:24:49 GMT

hi all,

I'm using lucene package for my application,
it is giving result for almost all sorts of Queries,
but when I tried to search a word which starts with
containg special characters like "  " and "  " it is
not giving result.

Acually internal representation of these characters
contain some characters like ?+, I mean
 => ?+,

But actually lucene QueryParser class and Query classes
are replaceing ? with blanks. So if i give

Code?Code

for searching they are replacing it with

Code Code

and Searcing for it.

My question is

How can I search these words which contain ? in their
content like name?, get? etc., and also how can I search
the special characters whose internal representaion contains
? as their values.

Some mails of lucene tells that we have to modify QueryParser.jj
class file. How and what I have to modify to get the above said query results ?

Please help me it is Very Urgent !!!!

Thanks in advance

Srini