lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Serge A. Redchuk" <b...@mail.ru>
Subject Re[2]: WildcardQuery
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:23:30 GMT
Hello Otis,

Strongly can not agree with you, because I really _can_ search for
anything like '*new*'.

_Simply_Beacuse_I_have_working_code_that_do_it_

Here's a slice of output of my program:

Boolean wildcard search:
built query: bee*
news41:beem;
news42:beem;
news4:beem;

Boolean wildcard search:
built query: *ee
f3:qthree;

Boolean wildcard search:
built query: +be* +path:*ws42
news42:beem;

Boolean wildcard search:
built query: +path:*ws4 +be*
news4:beem;

As you can see the first search returned 3 entries, but the 3-rd -
only one. As well as the 4-th.
And the 2-nd search returned only entry "f3:qthree;"
(as we've expected: "built query: *ee").

And I've achieve it combining WildcardQueries in BooleanQuery, but
did not achieve it by simple call of QueryParser.parser.

--
Best regards,
 Serge                            mailto:bitl@mail.ru