lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <sampr...@interactive1.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: WildcardQuery
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 04:05:48 GMT
Hello lucene users,

Thanks for the interest regarding wild card searches.

The WildcardQuery interprets * for 1 or more characters. But i had to edit
it for zero or more characters such that *place* , gives results
containing 'marketplace' and 'placed', but also for 'place', as was the
project requirement. Its only that instead of building the WildcardQuery
explicitly, I wanted it to be done by QueryParser class for code
optimization. I had posted the query for the same purpose.

Any suggestions will be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Sampreet