lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joshua O'Madadhain <jmad...@ics.uci.edu>
Subject compiling example code
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 00:13:59 GMT
I am attempting to build the example code which is located in the

\lucene-1.2-rc2\src\demo\org\apache\lucene

directory in the distribution.  Specifically, I'm trying to get
IndexFiles.java, SearchFiles.java, and FileDocument.java to compile, as a
sanity check, before trying to go any further.  (The project is to develop
an extension to the vector model using fuzzy clustering; details available
if anyone wants them.)

Two of these files compile without error.  However, when I attempt to
compile IndexFiles.java, I get the following error:

C:\lucene-1.2-rc2\src\demo\org\apache\lucene\IndexFiles.java:95: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : variable FileDocument
location: class org.apache.lucene.IndexFiles
      writer.addDocument(FileDocument.Document(file));
                         ^
1 error

I don't understand why I'm getting this error; FileDocument has already
been compiled, and the class is in the same directory as the other
documents.  Perhaps I'm just missing something basic about using packages,
but it all seems plausible.

Has anyone managed to get these examples to build, and if so, how?

Thanks--

Joshua

    Joshua Madden: Information Scientist, Musician, Philosopher-At-Tall
 It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for--Bill Watterson