lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Julian_Dohe...@ero.govt.nz
Subject Re: Using Lucene to index a DataBase
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:34:23 GMT

Yes, that is exactly the approach we have taken with the current project I
am working on using Lucene.

Write some code to retrieve desired rows from the database, then add each
database field as a Lucene field in a new Lucene document, then index,
search etc.

Works very well in our case.

Julian Doherty
Technical Manager, Website Design Projects
Education Review Office

                    "Weaver,

                    Scott"               To:     Lucene Users List <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    <Sweaver@ripp        cc:

                    e.com>               Subject:     Using Lucene to index a DataBase

                    30/11/2001

                    05:17

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Lucene Users

                    List"

I've used Verity in Cold Fusion to index Databases.  Is this possible with
Lucene?  From recent posts, it looks like I would have to write a custom
parser to convert each row into a text document.  Am I correct in thinking
this?

Scott

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>