lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anders Nielsen" <and...@visator.dk>
Subject RE: Memory Usage?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:30:30 GMT
oh, Im sorry.. I was searching through an index of about 50.000. I have no
deleted entries.

With the files you sent out I got 4 hits, with the old lucene.jar file I got
8.

I'll try to investigate further which hits that doesn't show up and why.

Venlig hilsen

regards,
Anders Nielsen

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:DCutting@grandcentral.com]
Sent: 12. november 2001 22:53
To: 'Lucene Users List'
Subject: RE: Memory Usage?

> From: Anders Nielsen [mailto:anders@visator.dk]
>
> hmm, I seem to be getting a different number of hits when I
> use the files
> you sent out.

Please provide more information!  Is it larger or smaller than before?  By
how much?  What differences show up in the hits?  That's a terrible bug
report...

I think before it may have been possible to get a spurious hit if a query
term only occurred in deleted documents.  A wildcard query with 40,000 terms
might make this sort of thing happen more often, and unless you tried to
access the Hits.doc() for such a hit, you would not see an error.  If this
was in fact a problem, the code I just sent out would have fixed it.  So
your results may in fact be better.  Or there may be a bug in what I sent.
Or both!

For the cases I have tried I get the same results with and without those
changes.

Doug

For additional commands, e-mail: