lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Øie <k...@gan.no>
Subject RE: scandinavian characters.
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:11:12 GMT
no it's even stranger than that, i have decoded the querystring, the problem
is that it seems like something is changed on the way in. if i search for
"fjøs" (fj&oslash;s) i get the swedish "fjä" (fj&Auml;). Where &oslash; is
changed to &Auml; and 's' is removed.

is the querystring translated some where?

mvh karl øie
  -----Original Message-----
  From: David Bonilla [mailto:david@bit-bang.com]
  Sent: 27. november 2001 10:43
  To: Lucene Users List; karl@gan.no
  Subject: Re: scandinavian characters.

  Hi Karl !!!

  I´m spanish and I have a lot of problems programming with our not english
characters. I use LUCENE with spanish accents and it works fine...

  Have you tried to use the java.net.URLEncoder and java.net.URLDecoder with
your fields to index ?

  Best Regards from Spain !
  __________________________
  David Bonilla Fuertes