lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Øie <k...@gan.no>
Subject RE: scandinavian characters.
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:00:36 GMT
there must be something seriously broken with the queryparse code.

if a query starts with ø/æ/å (&oslash;, &oaelig;, &aring;) then an exception
in the queryparser occurs.

org.apache.lucene.queryParser.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 1, column
1.  Encountered: "\u00c3" (195), after : ""
	at
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParserTokenManager.getNextToken(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.jj_ntk(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Modifiers(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Query(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(Unknown Source)

but if the query contains ø/æ/å (&oslash;, &oaelig;, &aring;) then it is
translated wrongly into the swedish/german &auml; regardless of what
character it was.

if someone could point me to where to start I could try to find the problem
because I guess it is errorous unicode translation...

mvh karl