lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ganyo <scott.ga...@eTapestry.com>
Subject RE: Indexing problem
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 12:13:55 GMT
Yes.  You have too many open files.  There are a few things you can try.  1)
Increase the number of file handles your system has available.  Yes, there
is a setting for this in Windows.   2) Make sure that you have the
IndexWriter.maxMergeDocs set to Integer.MAX_VALUE (the default).  3) Try
smaller values for IndexWriter.mergeFactor (default is 10).  4) When all
else fails, do all your indexing in memory and then write it out to disk
when you're done.  Doug posted an example of this just a couple days ago.

Scott