lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "New, Cecil (GEAE)" <>
Subject RE: Attribute Search
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:18:32 GMT
Actually, "last name" is not a good example.  Social security numbers, phone
numbers, PO numbers, organization codes, etc. are better examples.

These fields are not even text.  So I did not think it made sense to
tokenize them.  But I did want them indexed and searchable.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Bridonneau []
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 10:02 PM
To: 'Lucene Users List'
Subject: RE: Attribute Search

I am new here too but here's my 2 cents.
If you don't tokenize your db textvalues, what do you say will be the
resulting terms indexed? I think not what you expect.
Your non tokenized fields probably are not filtered out hence a lastname
like 'Smith' will not be a hit if the query is 'smith' the search being case
I last name is "smith B" (middle initial), search on 'smith' won't return
either because not a token.
I suggest you double check your values in your DB especially if DB is case
Does your analyser takes into account the accent if Latin type of locale?