lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Kunkle <Jeff.Kun...@HERNDON-LAB.com>
Subject Sorting Options for Query Results
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:01:20 GMT
Hello.  Does anyone know of a way to sort search results other than by
score?  It seems like it would be very useful to be able to sort by date or
maybe even by any field that has been indexed (which I guess would include a
date).  From what I can tell, Lucene does not provide any way to do this
beyond writing your own HitCollector.  Is this correct?  If so, has anyone
had any luck implementing alternate sorting methods?  I have just started
experimenting with Lucene so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff