lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anders Nielsen" <and...@visator.dk>
Subject RE: Memory Usage?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 20:44:33 GMT
oh, and I forgot to mention that the excessive memory-usage only appears
when I run very complex queries (BooleanQuery with about 30 or so terms and
a DateFilter)

I'm not complaining mind you, Lucene is still by far the best performing
full text indexing system I've been able to find.

regards,
Anders Nielsen

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Ganyo [mailto:scott.ganyo@eTapestry.com]
Sent: 8. november 2001 21:30
To: Lucene-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Memory Usage?

We're having problems with memory allocation (and thus garbage collection)
that seem to be directly attributable to our heavy use of Lucene indexes.  I
don't have a lot of data on this yet, but has anyone else seen this as an
issue?  Is there any way that Lucene could be tuned to use less memory
during searches?

Thanks,
Scott