lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anders Nielsen" <and...@visator.dk>
Subject RE: Memory Usage?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 20:38:47 GMT
funny...I was just about to write something along the same lines..

I have 700.000 entries, in all about 1 gig of data. And when I search I have
to allocate at least 150meg to the java-process or it'll run out of memory.

Could someone (most likely Doug) outline how much memory we can expect is
necessary when searching? (big-Oh notation would be nice)

regards,
Anders Nielsen

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Ganyo [mailto:scott.ganyo@eTapestry.com]
Sent: 8. november 2001 21:30
To: Lucene-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Memory Usage?

We're having problems with memory allocation (and thus garbage collection)
that seem to be directly attributable to our heavy use of Lucene indexes.  I
don't have a lot of data on this yet, but has anyone else seen this as an
issue?  Is there any way that Lucene could be tuned to use less memory
during searches?

Thanks,
Scott