lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Friedman <pfried...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Parser error using Nov.11 nightly build
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:20:58 GMT
Does anybody know if this is a bug, and if so, is it being fixed?

Thanks.
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Friedman [mailto:pfriedman@macromedia.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 10:37 AM
To: 'lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Parser error using Nov.11 nightly build

Parsing a query string that contains a "." in the field name throws an error using the Nov.
11 nightly build.  It worked fine using RC2 build.  I have attached a test case.  This is
a pretty big issue for my project as field names often have "." in them.

D:\Dev\Test Tools\lucene>java -cp %CLASSPATH%;.\ ParseTest
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.lucene.queryParser.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line
1, column 9.  Encountered: "." (46), after : ""
        at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParserTokenManager.getNextToken(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.jj_scan_token(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.jj_3_1(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.jj_2_1(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Clause(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Query(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at ParseTest.main(ParseTest.java:16)

Thanks.
Paul