lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Halácsy Péter <halacsy.pe...@axelero.com>
Subject RE: Lucene and the numbers (again!)
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:09:43 GMT
I had the same problem (searching for Alfa 147 [it's a very cool car]).

SimpleAnalyzer uses LowerCaseTokenizer. This "divides text at
non-letters and converts
  them to lower case." (source: API docs) Since numbers are non-letters,
it makes as much as three tokens from the string "147".

I managed to use numbers in the query after using StandardAnalyzer at
query side and at index side as well. Try it!
(org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard package)

peter