lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>
Subject RE: Do range queries work?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 22:13:48 GMT

>Can folks please try to include complete, self-contained test cases when
>submitting bugs?  It's not that hard, and makes it much easier to figure out
>what is going on.

In the WebMacro project, we've actually gone further than that -- no bug
report is taken seriously without a JUnit test case that demonstrates
it.  This has been very successful for us, and along the way, we've built a
nice little suite of tests.  JUnit test cases are really easy to write, but
so far, the only one in the Lucene repo is the one for the query parser.

I'd like to see the existing test programs converted into JUnit test cases
-- I'm willing to do this if someone will tell me how they work and what
they're supposed to output and how to invoke them.

--
Brian Goetz
Quiotix Corporation

http://www.quiotix.com