lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <DCutt...@grandcentral.com>
Subject RE: IndexReader and IndexWriter on the same index
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:14:36 GMT
If you are performing additions and deletions then you should serially
create an IndexReader to do deletions, close it, then create an IndexWriter
to do additions, close it, and so on.  Note that typically one will use a
different IndexReader for deletions than is used for searching, so that
searches may continue while adding documents.

Doug