lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <DCutt...@grandcentral.com>
Subject RE: Memory Usage?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:52:45 GMT
> From: Anders Nielsen [mailto:anders@visator.dk]
>
> hmm, I seem to be getting a different number of hits when I
> use the files
> you sent out.

Please provide more information!  Is it larger or smaller than before?  By
how much?  What differences show up in the hits?  That's a terrible bug
report...

I think before it may have been possible to get a spurious hit if a query
term only occurred in deleted documents.  A wildcard query with 40,000 terms
might make this sort of thing happen more often, and unless you tried to
access the Hits.doc() for such a hit, you would not see an error.  If this
was in fact a problem, the code I just sent out would have fixed it.  So
your results may in fact be better.  Or there may be a bug in what I sent.
Or both!

For the cases I have tried I get the same results with and without those
changes.

Doug