lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <DCutt...@grandcentral.com>
Subject RE: Do range queries work?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 21:04:15 GMT
> From: Paul Friedman [mailto:pfriedman@macromedia.com]
>
> It looks like there is a bug (besides the StandardAnalyzer
> parsing 20-35 as a single term).  The query in your example:
>
>      search(searcher, analyzer, "FirstName:[a-k]");
>
> is not finding the correct document.  It is finding doc2, it
> should find doc1.  QueryParser is parsing the query into
> "FirstName:[k-null]" when it
> should be "FirstName:[a-k]".  Is "a" being caught as a stop word?

It looks like it.

I think the real bug here is that QueryParser should not analyze the terms
in a range query.  I have modified QueryParser.jj to not do this and all of
your examples work much better.  The only downside that I can see is that
range queries, like prefix queries, become case sensitive.  That seems like
a good tradeoff to me.  Does anyone object to this?

Doug