lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael, Michelle R" <michelle.mich...@twc.state.tx.us>
Subject Meta Tag Question
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:33:41 GMT
Hello. We currently have an older version of Lucene running on our intranet,
which I did not install (I'm new to Lucene), and I've been testing it out. I
noticed that it appears not to be using meta tag information in ranking or
in displaying. I was wondering if the newer version will allow this sort of
configuration (to use meta tag information for ranking and possibly
displaying). I understand that Lucene primarily uses a full-text search and
the title may be included in the search, but I have not found any
information in the FAQ's or elsewhere on the site as to whether or not
Lucene can be configured to include meta tags in its ranking and/or summary
display. If anyone knows offhand whether this is will be possible, I would
appreciate your input as we are trying to evaluate the new version of Lucene
as we are considering using it on our external web site.
Thanks much,
Michelle