lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <>
Subject Re: Is NEAR supported?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:00:44 GMT
See PhraseQuery.setSlop();

Extract from javadoc:

 "Sets the number of other words permitted between words in query
  If zero, then this is an exact phrase search. For larger values this
  works like a WITHIN or NEAR operator.".

There was also some stuff on this topic on the list not very long ago.

Alessio Fiore wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Lucene in an archived e-mail full-text search system and I'm
> agreeing with it's flexibility and speed, but I've got a doubt about
> querying capabilities. In one of Lucene's site linked external articles (
> ), under
> "Query features" paragraph, you can read that Lucene queries support the
> NEAR operator, but I can't find it in Lucene's FAQs, in point 5 of searching
> section. Which one is right? Javaworld or Lucene's FAQs?
> Thanks.
> Alessio

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>