lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Manfred Schäfer <mschae...@bouncy.com>
Subject Re: JavaCC
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:14:21 GMT

"Geir Ove Grønmo" wrote:

> * Andrew Cottrell
> | I'd be interested to hear how this product left Sun and ended up on
> | Webgain, seems quite strange. Perhaps someone should start a YAJCC (yet
> | another Java compiler compiler) as a Open/Free source project! Any takers,
> | I'll help all I can.
>
> How about using ANTLR instead? See www.antlr.org for more info.

The javaCC - developers from sun started up their own company called metamata
(and took jacaCC with them)  which was sold not so long ago to web gain.

I'm using javacc for two years now, without founding any bug. It is very fast and
very stable and very easy to use. It's a little bit like Donald Knuth tex:
Nothing to improve. So, althought it looks like a dead product, it is still doing
its job perfectly.
(hint: i'm _not_ from web gain)

And: I can still find it in the WebGain-Products list !?

manfred

--
 Manfred Schäfer
 Application Development

 Bouncy*Bytes Software GmbH
 Hofgut Bayerseich
 Darmstaedter Landstrasse 64
 D-63329 Egelsbach
 Germany
 Tel.: ++49 - (0) 61 03 - 70 65 6-0
 Fax : ++49 - (0) 61 03 - 70 65 6-15
 info@bouncy.com
 http://www.bouncy.com

 synformation.com(R)  Web-Content-Management-System
 Synergize your information.