lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@blackwell.co.uk>
Subject Re: Queries involving AND don't seem to work properly
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 16:46:45 GMT
Perhaps upgrade to rc2?  I don't see this using rc2.
Against an index of books by author,

kkkkkk AND bloch  returns 0 hits, as expected.
kkkkkk OR  bloch  returns lots of hits, as expected.

As suggested before on this list, it might help if you posted a
bit of code to demonstrate the problem.

--
Ian.
ian.lea@blackwell.co.uk

Jeff Trent wrote:

> Hi, I'm using RC1 and it seems that queries such as
>
> "KeywordThatIKnowIsNotIndexed AND KeywordThatIsIndexed" is queried, the results act as
if I specified OR instead of AND and I get all matches to KeywordThatIsIndexed instead of
getting no results as I expected to see.