lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alessio Fiore <afi...@alteanet.it>
Subject Is NEAR supported?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:26:58 GMT
Hi, I'm using Lucene in an archived e-mail full-text search system and I'm
agreeing with it's flexibility and speed, but I've got a doubt about
querying capabilities. In one of Lucene's site linked external articles (
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2000/jw-0915-lucene.html ), under
"Query features" paragraph, you can read that Lucene queries support the
NEAR operator, but I can't find it in Lucene's FAQs, in point 5 of searching
section. Which one is right? Javaworld or Lucene's FAQs?

Thanks.
Alessio

- Disclaimer -
This email and any attachments thereto may contain information which is
confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are
intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use of the
information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents, by persons other than the
designated recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender either by
telephone or by email and delete the material from any computer.

Thank you for your cooperation.