lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kelvin Tan" <kel...@relevanz.com>
Subject Re: Searching all the fields (and II)
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:47:53 GMT

>First thank to Kelvin Tan and the rest of the people for his support and
help.

You're most welcome.

>Well, I talked to my boss and  I suggested the posibility of create a new
field with all the content. This thing duplicate the Index but >the search
was still very very quick. But the man didnĀ“t accept this way so... now I
make one search for each of my fields and, at >the same time, I filt the
hits with a HashSet. What do you think about this ?

Are you looking to search on all the fields? If so, I guess this is an OK
approach, but I believe your results may be distorted unless all Hits are
sorted by score before adding to the HashSet.

Regards,
Kelvin