lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chantal Ackermann <chantal.ackerm...@biomax.de>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:20:50 GMT
hi Ian, hi Winton, hi all,

sorry I meant heap size of 100Mb. I'm  starting java with -Xmx100m. I'm not
setting -Xms.

For what I know now, I had a bug in my own code. still I don't understand
where these OutOfMemoryErrors came from. I will try to index again in one
thread without RAMDirectory just to check if the program is sane.

the problem that the files get to big while merging remains. I wonder why
there is not the possibility to tell lucene not to create files that are
bigger than the system limit. how am i supposed to know after how many
documents this limit is reached? lucene creates the documents - i just know
the average size of a piece of text that is the input for a document. or am I
missing something?!

chantal

Am Mittwoch, 28. November 2001 20:14 schrieben Sie: