lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cecil, Paula New" <c...@fuse.net>
Subject Attribute Search
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 05:47:08 GMT
I am trying index a set of data, storing only a "primary key".  This primary key I left un-indexed.
 There is one "text" field, that I indexed and tokenized.

The others I neither want to store or tokenized.  My reasoning was that "not tokenizing" would
produce the smallest index.  The remaining fields were lastname, firstname, etc.

However, my queries did not work correctly; never returning any hits.

I finally gave up and re-indexed with Tokenize set to true on all the fields.

Now my queries work.  And to my surprise, the index was smaller that when I did not tokenize.

I found this a little counter-intuitive.

Can someone explain this?