lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mikael Andersson" <mik...@daddy.se>
Subject FW: national characters
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:03:50 GMT

If I use a swedish national character as the first character of
a search term, for example:

öl

(which is beer in Swedish :)) I get the following error:

com.lucene.queryParser.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 1, column 1.
 Encountered: "\u00f6" (246), after : ""
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:50)
	at
com.lucene.queryParser.TokenMgrError.<init>(TokenMgrError.java:126)

If I do the same search again but within quotations like below:

"öl"

...it works perfectly.

If I use Swedish characters after the first character it also works.

Lucene version is 1.2rc2 and standard Analysers etc. Is swedish a
supported
language ? If so, where can I find the appropriate classes ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I noticed the same problem on bybdylan.com, to see the complete
stacktrace
follow the link below.

http://search.bobdylan.com/lyricsearch/searchResults.jsp?doSearch=true&q
=%F6l&range=50