lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Kramis" <mkra...@student.ethz.ch>
Subject SqlDirectory
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:38:41 GMT
hi all

some time ago, there was a short discussion about a database store. I also
needed some persistence layer that was accessible via JDBC. It turned out,
that a BLOB implementation is strongly dependent on the RDBMS used and also
poorly performing.

I implemented a SqlDirectory, based on the idea of RAMDirectory and its
buffers as basic element.
goals:
1. should work with all JDBC compliant RDBMS (no adaption required, no
blobs!).
2. performance should be acceptable.
3. simple db schema.

status:
1. tested on Oracle 8i (free oracle JDBC driver type 4) and SQL Server 2000
(free microsoft JDBC beta driver type 4). works perfectly.
2. consists of 2 tables and 1 index. (one tablespace can have several
indexes of course)
3. promising performance.

todo:
1. test reliability, performance, concurrency (multiple reader/writer), test
with mySQL
2. code review
3. introduce caching (maybe CacheDirectory)

if someone has experience or just likes to test it, mail me. Anyway, could I
simply attach the SqlDirectory.java file to my mails?

marc