lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Parag Dharmadhikari" <>
Subject error regarding opening the search results
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:37:14 GMT
Hi all,

I have written the code which gives me the url of searched results and that
url I am converting to the anchors. But the the problem is after clicking on
the link, I should be able to go and open the file it is referring, but
instead of that I am getting error as "Page can not be found".

My code is:
                **search is the instance of the bean that I am using and
startSearch returns me a vector filed up with path of hits

                for(int i=0;i<v1.size();i++){
                                String item=((String)v1.elementAt(i));
                                out.println("val: "+item);
                                URL u=new URL("http",null,item);
                                String url=u.toString();
                                out.println("<a href="+item+">"+url+"</a>");
                        }catch (Exception e){
                                out.println("Error in forming URL");

I should be able to open files return from the search.

Can anybody help me?
Thanx in advance.

View raw message