lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Eskridge" <teskri...@ai.uwf.edu>
Subject RE: Segments not merging on delete
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:33:27 GMT
Matt,
 I'm also having this problem.  In my application I may get an update for a
document in the index that needs to be added.  I delete the existing
document, add the new document with the changes, and if you try to search
for it, you can't find it.  *Sometimes* if you get another document that
needs changing and add it, the previously changed document will then show
up, but not the one you just added.  This makes me think that it's an open
file problem.  I've check all of my code, and that doesn't appear to be the
case.  I also did the "open and optimize" trick, and it makes all updates
available for me as well.  However, I may get a group of twenty or so
updates in one group (although my program can't see they are in a group, it
only sees the individual "add document" events) which means that I must
optimize after each addition to the index.  This gets expensive.   I'm
continuing to investigate this, and would appreciate you passing on anything
you find.

Cheers,

Tom Eskridge