lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ganyo <scott.ga...@eTapestry.com>
Subject Using Lucene in a production environment
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 21:47:52 GMT
I have a couple of questions on using Lucene in a production environment:

1) Are updates to an index "transactional" in nature?  In other words, can
an index ever get into an inconsistent/corrupt state by killing a writing
process?  If so, is there a way to detect and fix this condition?

2) Can you describe where the synchronization points/locks are applied and
released?  I would like to make sure I avoid any situations that might cause
performance degradation or deadlock in my application.

Thanks!
Scott