lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Snyder, David" <dsny...@netgenics.com>
Subject Lucene 1.2 and directory write permissions?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 16:20:27 GMT
I've been porting our application to use the 1.2 release candidate 1 build
and now have a problem opening searchers on our existing indexes.  I get a
Permission Denied exception...  our permissions are set up to allow reading
of the directory and contained files during a search, but not writing.

I know there was some lock-file code added to the latest release, but it
doesn't seem like this should be causing a problem for a searcher that is
read only.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?  Should I be
opening the searcher in a different way?

Any help would be appreciated,
Dave Snyder