lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Paransky" <alex.paran...@individualnetwork.com>
Subject RE: error regarding opening the search results
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:32:54 GMT
Can you show the values of item and url?  Are those correctly retrieved?
Also you are missing an extra set of quotes around the item.  The proper
syntax is:

Note the there are quotes around the URL...  You need something like this:
out.println("<a href=\""+item+"\">"+url+"</a>");

There is not enough information to diagnose the problem...
-AP_

-----Original Message-----
From: Parag Dharmadhikari [mailto:parag@bsil.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 3:37 AM
To: lucene-user
Subject: error regarding opening the search results

Hi all,

I have written the code which gives me the url of searched results and that
url I am converting to the anchors. But the the problem is after clicking on
the link, I should be able to go and open the file it is referring, but
instead of that I am getting error as "Page can not be found".

My code is:
        <%
                /**
                **search is the instance of the bean that I am using and
startSearch returns me a vector filed up with path of hits
                */

search.init();
                Vector
v1=search.startSearch("\\disscusion_forum","formname");

                for(int i=0;i<v1.size();i++){
                        try{
                                String item=((String)v1.elementAt(i));
                                out.println("val: "+item);
                                URL u=new URL("http",null,item);
                                String url=u.toString();
                                out.println("<a href="+item+">"+url+"</a>");
                        }catch (Exception e){
                                out.println("Error in forming URL");
                                out.println(e.getMessage());
                                }
                }
        %>

I should be able to open files return from the search.

Can anybody help me?
Thanx in advance.

Regards
parag