lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Paransky" <alex.paran...@individualnetwork.com>
Subject RE: A method for "de-boosting" a term...
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:52:19 GMT
Doug the changes you have sent work GREAT in my case.

Thanks
Alex Paransky

PS:

1. I was not able to use patch 2.5 to incorporate the .diff file you sent
me, so my changes were done by hand.  I double checked the final diff
against what you send me and they are the same.  I am not too familiar with
the patch program so if there are any options I need to use please tell me.
Here is the patch session from my machine:

C:\work\individualnetwork\external\lucene-1.2-rc1-fix>"\Program
Files\GNU\WinCvs 1.2\patch" -i c:\diffs.dat
patching file `src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.jj'
Assertion failed: hunk, file patch.c, line 321

abnormal program termination

2. Another minor addition would be to make Query and Terms implement a
java.io.Serializable.  We are currently in a process of incorporating Lucene
into an EJB application, and we have a Statefull Session Bean object called
SearchResults which should accept a Query and search the collection
(SearchResults basically wraps IndexSearcher), however, because Query/Term
is not Serialiable, we are forced to execute .toString() and then attempt to
use a parser to rebuild the result.  The problem with this is that parser
does not offer the type of flexibility that we can get from directly
buidling Query/Term structures (for example, some of the values have spaces
in them, so the parser sees field:value1 value2 value3 and does not
correctly interpret this as field:"term(value1) term(value2) term(value3)",
however if we use quotes, we get a PhraseQuery instead of TermQuery we are
looking for).  Should this be an enhancement that I should mention in the
bugzilla, or would this e-mail suffice?

Again, thanks for your help.
-AP_