lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From eou <...@free.fr>
Subject seach impossible with numbers
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:04:31 GMT
Hello lucene-user,

> Hello
hi,

> I download your webapplication in jsp concerning lucene.
> It is very well, with my tomcat server... congralutations!
Thanks
> I create index for severals documents.
> I use some requet like "text + text".... yes
>                       "text - text".... yes
>                       "text AND text"... yes
>                       "AUTHOR:text"... no
>                       "keywords:text"... no
>
> And i would like make a search with number, for example a year like
> 1999 :-) and i obtain no results! why? can you help me?
I don't know. Maybe the tokenizer filters out numbers?
As I was working a bit more with the jsp pages, I found
a bug, disabling the Create checkbox.
I will post the fix in the next few days. An some simple tokenizer
sample too..

> Sorry i am beginner with lucene
> thanks  lot for your help
Well i'm a beginner, too. :-)

I don't mind directly answering this email, but
there is the wunderful mailing list lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
so everybody can share, and add comments, so please use this
mailing list!

bye

--
Best regards,