lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <DCutt...@grandcentral.com>
Subject RE: min hit score
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:13:42 GMT
You can do this using the low-level HitCollector-based search API.

That said, I do not recommend it.  It will not make things much more
efficient.

Lucene's scores are not really that meaningful on an absolute scale: they're
only meaningful relative to other scores for the same query.  So you're best
off just displaying the highest scoring hits.  Lucene does things behind the
scenes to make this efficient.

Doug