lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <DCutt...@grandcentral.com>
Subject re: indexed v. non-indexed fields [was: Indexing part number]
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:25:54 GMT

works.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Anshuman [mailto:amoni@verilytics.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 10:14 PM
To: Doug Cutting; lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Indexing part number

Hi !,

    I have an incremental index and the present size is about 1.34GB. I am
getting following exception for the addition of new files in the index:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: field originType cannot be an indexed
field.
        at
com.lucene.index.FieldInfos.add(java/com/lucene/index/FieldInfos.java:72)
        at
com.lucene.index.FieldInfos.add(java/com/lucene/index/FieldInfos.java:63)
        at
com.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeFields(java/com/lucene/index/SegmentMerg
er.java:69)
        at
com.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(java/com/lucene/index/SegmentMerger.jav
a:53)
        at
com.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(java/com/lucene/index/IndexWriter
.java:267)
        at
com.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(java/com/lucene/index/IndexWriter
.java:241)
        at
com.lucene.index.IndexWriter.maybeMergeSegments(java/com/lucene/index/IndexW
riter.java:230)
        at
com.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(java/com/lucene/index/IndexWriter.j
ava:125)

Can any one suggest me as to what can be the cause ? The originType is one
of the field on which I create index. Is it related to the size of the index
?

ASM